Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:6-7
Just think of it: Our God is the almighty, limitless God, who loves us so much that He sent His only begotten Son to die for our sins. Jesus satisfied the requirement of an atonement for our sins by His death on the cross. He was the Lamb of God. No longer do we need to sacrifice a lamb for our sins, because Jesus, the Messiah promised in the Old Testament, has come.
We Can Trust in God
Throughout the Bible, and in the experience of every Christian, God’s integrity is confirmed. What does the Bible say about His integrity? Numbers 23:19 says, God is not a man that He should lie… Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?
In the New Testament, Paul said, “All the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us” (2 Corinthians 1:20).
God never lies. God is true, which means He is faithful to fulfill His promises to us. If you could think about trusting anyone on the face of the earth or in heaven, it would have to be God. We can trust in God. His Word will never return void.
As the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my Word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:10–11
What’s the Point?
- Can God be trusted?
- Does God lie?
- Is the Bible true?
- If you had to trust someone, do you think it could be God?
- If God says something will happen, do you think it will happen?
- Are God’s promises true?
- Will God answer YOUR prayers?
- Is God prejudiced?
In the Workshop
God’s Integrity and Power
He is almighty. He is limitless. There is nothing impossible with God. He is true and His Word is true. Nothing else may be…but God is true!
What Is MY Part?
- Stop everything and think about the greatness of God.
- Meditate on the the Creator of the universe. He is the Creator of all things. God knew about all of technology before we even called it “technology.”
- Think: “I refuse to limit God. God can do anything.” Then remove every negative thought from your mind and anything that would make you doubt His glorious power or His amazing love.
- Find the Scriptures you would like to rest your faith in for this Prayer Workshop. You may refer to the Prayer Promises section of this book, your Bible, or a promises of God book [available at all Christian bookstores] for additional help.
- Follow steps 1-5 of In the Workshop in the first chapter of this workbook. Don’t forget to thank Him and praise Him for what He is doing according to His will.
What Is GOD’S Part?
God will always be faithful to His Word and to His promises. You can praise Him for what He IS doing the Bible says it: “Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him” (1 John 5:14–15).
WHAT STEALS YOUR TIME?
At the Workbench
- Keep thinking about how great God is. He is awesome in power, wonderful in the mighty things He does.
- How awesome it is just to realize that you have eliminated everything from your thinking that limits God. That is good.
- Meditating on His Word and His greatness are good things to do. In fact, they produce health and wholeness to your life (Prov. 4:20-22).