Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. 1 John 5:14–15
Would you like to have a prayer life that brings results? I’m not teaching you to be selfish in your prayer life. That is not the right way to live. What I would like to do is to teach you to become a prayerful person who consecrated to God. Put God and His Word first and you will see that God is alive, real, and that He hears and answers scriptural prayer today!
Things That Are God’s Will
If you need to pray according to God’s will, what sorts of things can you pray about? If you want to know what God’s will is, here are some things that are always His will:
- Salvation (Mark 16:16)
- Forgiveness of sins (1 John 1:9)
- Receiving God’s grace (Romans 5:1–24)
- Miracles and healing, according to His will (1 Corinthians 12:28)
- Deliverance from evil, that is, helping to restore the damage caused by sins and circumstances (Jeremiah 3:22; Psalm 103:3; 107:20; Matthew 4:24; James 5:16)
- Healing relationships where human will is open (Luke 4:18)
- Protection from evil (Psalm 91)
- Supplying needs (Philippians 4:19)
- Leading by the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:14)
- Wisdom and understanding (James 1:5)
- God’s will in our lives (Matthew 6:10; Philippians 2:13)
You can see that there are a large number of things you can ask for in prayer. Look at it like going on an adventure—a prayer adventure. Praying according to God’s will is easy and fun. It’s fun because He always answers prayers for things that are already His will. His timing is perfect. He may not answer us when or in the way we think He should, but He will definitely come through at the perfect time. Results come when we pray scripturally and when we rest on Him and His specific promises. Thank Him for the answer in advance. That’s faith. Faith pleases God (Hebrews 11:6). There are many types of prayer, and we will cover some of them in this lesson. This will be an overview and not an in-depth study.
In the Workshop
Conforming to God’s Will
Have you ever thought about praying for your own spiritual life or for that of another person? It’s a great idea. And, by the way, God loves those kinds of prayers. He always answers that prayer. How do I know? It is according to His will.
What Is MY Part?
- Think about your life. Think about your personality.
- Think about the areas you need to improve in and grow in.
- Pray specifically and scripturally about those areas. Pray about your mind, your personality, your spiritual life, and the lives of others.
- Think of the good things: the power of God, His abiding presence, His wonderful love.
- Walk with Him, talk with Him, and have faith in God. 6. Get ready to do the workshop.
What Is GOD’S Part?
You will see speedy results when you pray for your mind and emotions. These are prayers that are according to His will. Some of these types of prayers are answered immediately. At the very least, you will definitely know God is working.
CAN GOD GET YOUR ATTENTION?
At the Workbench
- It’s rewarding to evaluate where you are and know that because you have prayed correctly, there will be help!
- God is great, and it is encouraging to think that the “Head Artist” is sculpting your personality, your spiritual life, and your circumstances.
- The God who made you in the first place can heal you. He can do absolutely anything. He is a personal God, who wants to be personally involved in your life!
What’s the Point?
- What kind of prayers will He answer?
- Why should He answer my prayers?
- I prayed and it didn’t seem like God answered.
- Can I pray for my desires?
- What can’t I pray for?
- Does God hear me?
- I want results in my praying.
- What tips can help me?
- Now what do I do?